Kick Start My Heart Water Row Exercise Log 20190418


Today, I did a Tabata routine on the water row machine. It's name is Hulk Leapfrog Workout. On my phone app, the start screen looks like this ...

Spend 5 minutes warm-up. I really need the time this takes. My muscles and joints are in whatever condition moving weight left them a few days ago. My metabolism is in whatever condition life, and days off, and good / bad sleep / eat / drink has it. My head is God knows where.

The warm-up gets me moving, focused, grooved in form and ready.

The exercise itself is simple. 30 seconds rowing, as hard as I can go, followed by 15 seconds rest. Tabata classic timing split.

Do that 4 times, per set. Do that set 4 times, per cycle.

Stand up when I can, because after 25 minutes, I'm cooked ...

Numbers: My max wattage hit 148, lots in the 120's and 130's, mostly in the 100-110. My 500 meter splits minimum was 2:15, mostly at the sub 2:50 range. The strokes per minute were almost always 30-32.

The max wattage number is great, as is the SPM rate. As always, my form can improve, but the 'errors' are minor. The wattage number faded during each cycle, but sometimes, hardly at all.

During the first cycle I felt indestructible. Second cycle , still going strong. Third cycle, nearly hit a wall during the second set. It was interesting how quickly the energy loss came on. Last cycle was solid, unexceptional.

All in all, very much goodness.

Next exercise session should be 3 x 2500 meters, unless I find something more interesting for a long row. I get a new rowing sequence daily in email. Maybe I'll go looking for some new trouble.

Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts