Hitting My Back Hard Exercise Log 20190402

One reason why I'd never used a water rowing machine, before recently, was a bias against cardio. My thought was that lifting weight would give me more muscle build, more energy burn, and more hormonal uplift.

I think I recently mentioned how profoundly stupid I can be.

Not sure how to measure energy burn, or hormonal uplift, but I've got biceps, again. My legs are getting bigger, without riding my bike, here in Polar Hell. My upper, mid, and lower back all feel 'gratitude' for the increased use. My ibuprofen supplier gets my thanks as well.

Using my phone stopwatch, a bit better this time. My rowing times were the big splits, separated by 2 minutes rest. I need to learn how to get Excel to do this arithmetic. For now, 4:01 from 51:53 is 47:52


The last view of the machine computer. Identical "cal hour" as prior. Believe what you will. SPM started at 23, stayed long time at 26-27, bursts to 30 (which surprised me). Wattage mostly 50's, some 60's, rare 40's as I lost my focus. 500M TIME 2:45 to 3:20, mostly low 3's.


I really need to get back to the weight lifting program. But I really like the water row. Consider me at least conflicted, if not converted :-)







Comments

Popular Posts