My Metabolic Miracles Today 20190411

I gather data about my metabolic state every single day, from my lab blood work, fasting time collection, BG meter, Lantus shot selection, and my body composition scale. From all that, there are more calculated numbers and tables, and charts and graphs. The past day or so has been positively, gratefully, amazingly good.

I had lab work done to measure my serum insulin levels. Assuming a lot of stuff, in z-score terms (google it), my results were +1.07. Normal, high side of mean, and proof that my pancreas is on line and functioning. Given my 2/15/19 c-peptide test z-score of -2.39, my improvement is remarkable. I love my endo again.

I re-started tracking fasting times again. This morning I completed the 19+ hour fast follow up to the 44+ hour fast. I feel great, survived 2 nights at the volleyBall factory, and love what time spent in the not fed state does for me.

My BG numbers have been normal these past few days. Granted, fasting, but good stuff regardless. My insulin sensitivity measurement for the past 6 weeks, especially after I stopped taking Metformin, is about triple what it's been since August 2018. BTW, the big yellow data callouts, on this and the next chart, are last day of Metformin.

My records on my Lantus shot size only go back to September 29, 2005, when it was a 20 unit shot. Yesterday evening, the shot size was 10, and it was arguably too much. I'll take a 13.5 year record. I am full of excitement and dread about going to 0.

“The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.” Oscar Wilde. Willie Wonka used that line in the original movie as well.

My body composition scale puts out 14 kinda separate numbers. Excel calculates way more from those, including rate of change and percent of range items I really care about. The vast majority of that stuff turned in a "best ever" performance value this morning. Most wonderful, all time low for body fat % at 23.7%, and all time high skeletal muscle % at 49.3%. Lose fat, make muscle. Kinda, because percentages have the ability to deceive, because body weight in pounds is a moving target. Regardless, most of my meters were pegged (old school process control reference), in a good way.

I am profoundly grateful, to my Creator for giving me the opportunity and capacity to deal with all this, to my friends for all their support and encouragement, and to my wonderful Wife, Maripat. Without her, this would be impossible for me to do. Thanks.

Yours in becoming a former Type 2 diabetic,

rr

Comments

Wes said…
Congratulations! Not only are you beating your diabetes into submission, you are excelling in your excel skills! (Sorry about the pun. Lack of ohms...)
rich ruscio said…
Thanks.

I've had almost as much fun with Excel as I have with the water row machine.

I'd still rather eat danger food though. That'll be a problem that will not go away.

rr

Popular Posts