Defiance of Gravity, and a Time Warp Exercise Log 20190404

It's been awhile since I hit the weights. And, Thursday's are usually bad for me to exercise. Wednesday night at HotShots, paying attention and climbing the platform, staying up to late after I get home, and the inherent uncertainty of the result of my shot selection and sleep. So, sleep late, drink some coffee, eat a banana, sit for a while, take the dog for a long walk, and get to the weights 1pm-ish.

My form was OK, but not my previous 'good'. Not being grooved makes everything a little more dicey and unfocused. Having my neighbor and her grown up daughter there, in tights, and breathing heavily on the elliptical machines, is not conducive to my proper concentration. Some hormonal rush, though, with the 3 of us in a small room with a mirrored wall.

Even the data collection is strange. More on that after I show the numbers: total weight 28,195 pounds; duration, 32 minutes; pounds per minute 881 !!!



Notes: As much as I'd like to, I cannot believe I moved 881 pounds per minute. Normal rate would be 10 minutes more, or 42 minutes, 671 pounds per minute. But, that's not what I wrote down. So, blame the scorer. Never blame the Ref !!

Again, I did not complete all the sets of 16_acc ecc neutral grip lat pulldown. I did the set of 3 and was done. I believe I moved the weight up too far / too soon last time. But, I'm not going to change it. Call me stubborn.

With the longer lag between weight sessions, it's somewhat more difficult for me to deal with changeovers. So, my intention is to reorder some of the interleaved exercises, and simply do warm up set(s) and then a set to failure. There's also some set and weight changes I need to make. Specifically:

01_goblet squats: 2 sets of 10
02_single arm dumbbell row: 4 sets of 15

reorder
{
03_dumbbell chest press
04_seated cable row
05_dumbbell chest press (fail)
06_seated cable row (fail)
}
do the chest press first, and the seated cable row second

reorder
{
07_incline mechanical drop set for tris
08_incline bench curls
09_incline mechanical drop set for tris
10_incline bench hammer curls (fail)
}
do the mechanical drop set for tris first, and the curls second

11_goblet squats: 2 sets of 10

12_seated facepull: 2 sets of 15 at 4 plates (45 pounds)
13_seated facepull (fail)

these are plenty and good
{
14_cable pull thrus
15_cable pull thrus (fail)
16_acc ecc neutral grip lat pulldown
17_acc ecc neutral grip lat pulldown (fail)
}

18_goblet squats (fail): however many to failure

My expectation is that these changes will cause me to take more time resting. And, that's OK.

All the changes represent a reasonable amount of work in Excel. Oh joy.



Comments

Popular Posts