The History of My Weight Loss, 2018

I cheerfully admit I'm a "numbers guy", as someone once said. The older I get, though, I come to appreciate history more. Especially when it's written down. So here, for my education, and amusement, the chronology of my weight loss numbers.
  • I recall standing on the scale, in my bathroom, in 2017, and having it say 218, my all time high (ATH). That did not make me happy. 
  • On 2/22/18, in my physician's office, I was weighed in at 208 pounds 6.4 ounces. 
  • My earliest recorded exercise sessions, in this cycle, were with resistance bands, on 3/9/18. 
  • On 5/4/19, I changed from resistance bands, at home, to dumbbells and the cable machine, here in my community's fitness center. Starting load was 9,100 pounds moved per exercise session.
  • On 7/6/18, I was at 42,580 pounds moved, took a week off, came back on 7/14/18, did that 21 tons again, and annoyed the Hell out of both my shoulders.  
  • On 8/23/18, in my physician's office, I weighed 206 pounds 3.2 ounces.  I wanted to discuss fasting, and my Doc gave me a referral to an endocrinologist. The appointment is 1/2/19.
  • 8/27/18 had me at my screening conversation for the endocrinologist, where the Educator impressed on me that my antiglycemic drugs would kill me if I wasn't careful matching them to food / fasting. 
  • 8/31/18 saw me back in the fitness center, moving 6,120 pounds. I started measuring my BG up to 4x daily. 
  • I started tracking my fasting times 9/4/18. 
  • I was weighing myself infrequently, figuring that the longer term trend would be sufficient. My weight dropped and plateaued at 193-196, frustrating me into writing this on 11/16/18 ...
  • On 11/18/18, I began using myFitnessPal to track macros and my weight. The first recorded weight value was 195. 
  • On 12/27/18, my InBody measurements said I weighed 194.2 pounds. 
  • On 12/28/18, my exercise session had me move 25,725 pounds, and doing air squats 'for free'.
  • This morning, 12/30/18, my bathroom scale reported 186 pounds.
So, what have I learned? Quite a lot, actually, but especially about myself. Food does not magically appear in my tummy. I put it there. It's easier for me to not eat if I fast. It's better for me to eat lo/no carb. It's easier for me to keep calories at/near/under my BMR, when I track them.

No blog post is complete without charts.





Comments

Popular Posts