20190603 Experimental Food - Slow Roast Salmon and Simple and Citrusy Asparagus Stir Fry

Yes, we're relocating this feature to the blog. FB's less good than it used to be.

A long time ago, we came across a recipe for slow roasted salmon. We've had it at least a half dozen times, maybe more, done in the oven and on the grill. It always comes out great!!

It is rather straightforward. Prep and S&P the salmon. Mix the sauce. Slice a lemon. Build the lemon bed, sauce the lemon slices, and put the fish on it. Sauce the fish, heavily. Bake at 275 degF. About half way thru, rebaste the fish. Total bake time 20-30 minutes.







This one has a much more interesting story. More prep work than the salmon. It looked tasty when I came across it. You can read the recipe down below.

What the recipe doesn't say, is that frying a Fresno pepper yields pepper tear gas. Oh Mi Gd ... Open doors, the ceiling fan, and watch the dog need to get outside. Fun times.

It was wonderful !!! Massive flavor, tons of spice. I gave up on eating the peppers ...
Here's the recipe. Lots of stuff. Chef Maripat handled it like the champ she is. Except that tear gas thing made it more interesting.
The unused orange half was served with dinner.

My plate had the double order of salmon, and yes, it's all gone.

Maripat took the fish piece she wanted, as well as as much of the asparagus as she thought she'd eat. I got the rest, but I didn't eat it all. I left most of the pepper rings. Too hot for me ...
I was mostly thru the first piece, when it occured I might show the inside of the fish.

Flaky, moist, and delish.













Please feel free to comment on this format. I can always improve.

Be well.

Comments

Popular Posts