So close, no matter how far Couldn't be much more from the heart middle distance road bike Exercise Log 20190622

Today's lyric from here. In honor of going 19.61 of my 20 mile target.

A bit more detail on the ride here.

Last time my road bike shoes were on FB, I showed off my new cleats. Well, I got them in the right position, but I failed to snug up the hex bolts sufficiently. I was maybe 100 feet from home, when I figured that out. So, back home, remove the shoes, find the multitool in my kit bag, screw around some, and off I go.

I was thinking about riffing on "loose shoes", but my better angels chose otherwise.

The new cleats felt much better than the old ones. Might have just been me and the creatine, but my legs / pedaling stroke felt great. My pace was excellent. There wasn't any race pressure, but still went pretty quick. I could have gone further.

Oh well, 98.05% of the way, is today's accomplishment. Much gratitude ...

Comments

Popular Posts