Limitations of human understanding Too quick to criticize Obligation to survive water row 3 x 2500m Exercise Log

Today was another Metallica session, thanks be to them.

3 x 2500m is 3 splits, with 2 minutes rest between.

Everything is done by patterns and measurements. The pattern is focus and form. The measurements are performance.

Focus happens when I'm paying attention to nothing except the belt on the handle on the water row machine. You could call it flow, pun intended. In flow, my form is better and consistent. Recall, at 30 SPM, each stroke is 2 seconds. It's pretty simple to be off by a hundred milliseconds or two, plus or minus. Given that there's 6 positions per stroke, lots of opportunity.

My form was pretty good. I've done worse.

The measurements are time, rate, and energy. My split times averaged 15:20, which is a touch slower than preferred. I'd like it under 15, and if I'm going to make the Olympics, under 8. The rate was 27 SPM. There was a moment when I thought the stroke counter was busted, because the number didn't change. 30 SPM is better. Power output for the 3 splits was low 60's, high 60's, low 60's. I would prefer 80's. I'd also prefer to be 40 years younger.

All in all, a good way to spend an hour.


Comments

Popular Posts