Nobody ever told me I found out for myself Ya gotta believe in foolish miracles water row 3x2500m Exercise Log 20190603

don't ask me, I don't know

I did want to go ride today, but it was very windy. As the man once said:

“You never have the wind with you — either it is against you or you’re having a good day“ ~ Daniel Behrman (1924 – 1990), author of The Man Who Loved

Wanted a break from the usual Metallica stuff, so the playlist was made up of Black Sabbath (original and Dio) and Ozzy. It worked, except when I'd get really into a song, either I'd really jack up my heart rate, or I'd simply chill. Metal good, mellow bad ...

Life oscillates for me. Your frequency and amplitude may vary.

Last time out, I did the somewhat compacted weight lifting exercise pattern, targeting (among other things) needing less rest between exercise sessions. Previous weight lifting exercise patterns would demand 2 days rest afterwards. I did this 3x2500 water row thing on only 1 day rest. First clue of success !!

Last time I was on the water row machine, I was doing Tabata cycles (30s/15s).I had a fresh tip from Doc Mike that I should modify how I was doing the drive phase of the stroke. It helped on the 30s/15s. What about the 3x2500m routine?

Pre-tip, I was doing 15 plus minute splits. Post-tip, I screwed up the data collection by easy rowing during the first 2 minute rest interval. Picked up about 140m of 'inappropriate' distance. Net net (exercise left to the student), I estimate that the second split was 15 minutes. Which is a slight improvement. Maybe I won't screw up the rest period next time. That'd be a slight improvement too.

My recollections of SPM were 26-28, and wattage was 60-70. There were stretches where my 500m time was near 2m20s. That's better than my usual, but again, the longer averages don't show much change. Past performances were 24-28, and 50-70.

I've kinda hit walls in the past, and I did today as well. Subjectively, they didn't feel as bad.

So, I may, repeat may, have seen some advantage from the form improvement. Thanks again, Doc Mike !!

Comments

Popular Posts